Monday, October 13, 2008

Forward

I don't blog.

In fact, until today, I thought the idea of writing one's own thoughts into cyberspace was a little self-absorbed and reserved for people who had way too much time on their hands (forgive me you bloggers that I happen to know and love).

But now I feel differently and I know those things aren't true. Maybe because now I feel like I have something to say, a story to tell that I want you to read, a desperate need to feel connected.

The story of our daughter's life and death will follow but I think it will take me some time to write. Many of you have heard this already but I feel like I need to have every detail down. As much as I want the pain to be less, I don't want to forget a single detail of her life, of our short time with our beautiful Elise.

5 comments:

Shey said...

Steph I'm so glad you're going to document her beautiful life. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Steph,
What a beautiful little angel. I see so much of you both in her. I want to run to you and AJ's side and do any thing I can to help. I love you and am hurting so much for you. I pray and think of you all the time. Please let us know what we can do. I look forward to hearing all about Elise, you and AJ, when you are ready. These are really beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Love, Robin

Megan said...

Steph,
Elise was a beautiful baby who will never be forgotten! She has touched our lives forever.... we love you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Stephanie, little Elise deserves to have you honor her in this way. What a beautiful and precious baby!

In a selfish way (for me), sharing your pain makes me feel like I can somehow hope to take some of it from you.

I know you've got an unimaginable load of grief to carry and it's frustrating to feel so unable to really help.

You and AJ are two strong and wonderful people and I'm thinking of you all the time. I will be checking back to read Elise's story.

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephanie,

You are such an awesome and incredible woman. Only a true mother knows her child's story must be told. I love you and look forward to your sharing of Elise's story.

Liz